This Dream People Call Human Life

Sunday, February 04, 2007

yesterday my friend Sophie took me, her cousin, and three random funny chinese boys to tai mountain. it was soooo much. this place is hysterical beause there's more than just the mountain there. there is also a really old little amusement park. Everything looks really old and rickity. there is also a "small animal village" which is basically a mini zoo that had, peacocks, screaming goats, the meanest ostrichs i have ever met ( ok the only ostriches i've ever met) and a german shepard! once you were done at the village you could go to the shooting range. shoot a couple paper guys in the face then head off to climb the mountain. My legs are crazy sore today but it was such good time and very pretty. i took loads of pictures but not digital. all film so i dunno if i'll be able to post them. On the mountain there are TONS of cats, all of which are very loud and not scared of anybody. While leaving we ran into the coolest cat, it's legs and part of it's face were BRIGHT blue. it was very funny and very random....two things china tends to be good at.

After leaving sophie, i met up with Nate and bused it down to the Ding's house for dinner. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO delicious. Auntie Ding's cooking is out of this world. when we got there she was still making the dumplings, so she taught me how to stuff and roll up the dumplings. mine were pretty ugly looking but she kept insisting i was doing well. i think she was just trying to be nice. The Dings were incredibly nice hosts and Unkie Ding gave me a mini concert after dinner as promised.

This weekend I hung out with Kim, Chrisbin and Kim's friend who's name i can't remember. they called me to come out and meet them and when i got there Kim hands me a big bag. I open it up and there are a pair of Green Suede vintage style Hush Puppies Shoes. They are beyond awesome. What's cooler than being cool???? Barbara in her green suede shoes.

5 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Barbara! I just spent a good while looking through your blog and catching up with what you've been doing for the past few months. It sounds like things have been going well, and you're bringing a fantastic dose of barbara to the asian world.

I've been swimming in a frenzy of work-related jibberish for the past months, but the results have been some pretty amazing exhibitions. I'm giddy with the amount of national press coverage the exhibit "Loving Art" has been getting.

Chris loved his T-shirt with Ginsberg on it. He was afraid to wash it for the first month and just smelled kind of funny whenever he wore it. I think he finally broke down and decided that if he wanted to continue to wear it in the company of others he was going to have to risk washing it.

He and I and some other friends just started shooting a short film last weekend. One of our friends worked for this guy who is an antiques dealer and "the Manequin Guy" (probably misspelled that). The Mannequin Guy ownes this warehouse that he agreed to let us film in and it completely made me think of you! The place was a really old building in downtown Carlisle filled with a bazaire assortment of things, including a bunch of creepy naked mannequins! There were metal bins on shelves full of antique mannequin hands and feet, laundry hampers with mannequins sticking out at odd angles, manequins leaning against antique pianos. It was amazing. Then there was a back room with bright red carpet and racks of wedding dresses. It was surreal. It made me miss you!
Love you, Meg (mdameron@wcmfa.org)

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Barbara!I'm sunshine!!!I know you could remember me,I'm so happy that I can talk with you again though cazy english camp has finished.It's a big surprise for me.Blog can bring a lot for everybody,and I haven't known about it before.As you know, Chinese high school student don't have enough time to do some things that they want to do after their whole-day shcool work.I'm a lucky dog for having been accepted by a famous university in Beijing,so I can escape from too much homework and enjoy Internet freely.I'm still excited that crazy english camp is always full of happyness and laugh and it's a good chance to make many friends from all walks of life and all over the world.Your lovely personality and high spirits make me a deep impression.Phillop is also a unique and charming person and always eager to be different from others. In my opinion,Nave is a little shy teacher,because he often has a red face and seldomly dance with students crazily in the hall.Thanks foryour chcolate.But also a little disappointed that happy time is too short and my speech didin't win the first prize.I don't know the reason but I think I need to work harder.I hope everyone's dream will come true in the future through their effords.I hope that china will bring you an unforgettable memory in your life and enjoy full yourself in china.I wish to come across you oneday in the street that I could shout ''Hi...Barbara!!''

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Anthony W. Grigas said...

the other day i got my arm stuck in a booth at uno's
...
UPDATE DAMMIT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home