This Dream People Call Human Life

Sunday, October 22, 2006


I feel bad that i have been lazy about updating lately. I have loads of new pictures to post. Just need to find the time to really sit down and do it. I really wasn't ready for it to be monday already. The weekends just fly by so fast. i'm not a fan of mondays because it usually means i have to spend my evening coped up in my room planning for tuesdays which are my crazy hectic days. I have so much to do tonight. I still need to figure out what i'm doing in my speech classes as well as my writing class. It always takes me forever to plan for writing. it's the one class that i feel so shaky with...and sometimes rather unqualifed. i also still papers to grade that i need to hand back to them tomorrow, and reading and correcting their papers always takes longer than i'm expecting. but at least it's fun to read.

almost over night the seasons have changed. the nights are getting rather cold. it think it may offically be sweater and jacket weather. My apartment got pretty chilly last night, but the heat isn't being turned on until mid nov. so i went out today and got myself a warmer blanket just in case this cold weather keeps up.

I feel like i may be having a bit of homesickness. I don't really want to come home....i'm just missing people. I think it's because the longer i'm here, busier i am and the more i go out, the less time i have to e-mail or talk to people back home...and i suddenly realized how long it's been since i heard from some people. I've only talked to my sister once since getting to china, and i kept help wishing i had a better sense of what was going on in her life and wish that i could tell her all aboutwhat i'm up to. It's also been ages since i've spoken to elizabeth. It's just sad to feel like i'm falling behind on people's lives.

On friday night a bunch of us went to a dinner thing at a restaurant that was free for westerners. I ran into a guy named nick who lived in the easton area, which is really close to where i went to school. then later in the night i met a chinese guy who when he is in the states lives in philly. There was something about being able to talk places back home that was really nice. While i was talking to nick, soda came up which made me think of A-Treat and just how much i could really go for a cream soda. Everytime i really start craving something from home i've been trying to the treat myself to something that i really really like here in china that i wouldn't be able to get back home. so to try and get my mind off of cream soda i got milk tea today with dale. And i got a bit of US tv the other day. jamie bought seasons of the gilmore girls! yes i'ma nerd and love that show...so we spent an after noon eating moon cakes in her bed and watching gilmore girls

I got my hair cut and colored the other day! The cut is pretty much like i had it before...but the guy did a really nice job trimming it up. I'm in love with the color. back home i always color my hair myself because it's cheaper, but in china it's soooo cheap to just have them do it for you. jess got her hair cut as well and had hers colored for the first time.
New hair!
maybe tonight when i need a break from lesson plans i'll have time to just get on and make a big random picture post.

5 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Pastey White Guy said...

Don't forget about Dr. Thunder... and what was the Mountain Dew equivalent? Hill Precipitation? No... can't quite remember.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

hahahaha oh yes...good ol' dr. thunder. how could you forget mountain shower?!?!?!?! you've been in china too long! hahahahaaha
although i think hill precipitation might actually be a waaaaay better name.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger frodo325 said...

Love the hair!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

1. HOORAY! You posted; I'm glad. It's good to hear how things have been going for you, even if most of it seems to be anxious about many things.

2. Your hair is adorable... In fact, that picture is completely adorable, through and through. The shirt is cute, the necklace is cute, and your hair is cute. Good job!

3. Since it's taking me forever to actually finish that drawing, I think I might doodle something up and send it in a regular envelope.

Love,
Yanni

P.S. I know you're running around and all, but just wondering if my email got through to you.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Elizabeth Porter said...

beeautiful hair! You're not very far behind on my life. It consists of the following: schooly work, cats, spinning, and horror films with Trevor. I should post more in my blog, but I worry it will get redundant really fast.

Hugs and squeezes!
Liz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home