This Dream People Call Human Life

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

If you squander your precious beautiful days, That makes you a sucker.You don't wanna be a sucker do you?

So i just got back from visitng Kutztown for 3 days. I got home and it really hit.....that I had really just said goodbye to all those wonderful people, and that I may not see them again for over a year. I'm about to embrace an oportunity that is going to change my life, and I have to do it alone. Wow. To be quite honest, that's really scary...exciting...but scary. I know I'm going to be having amazing expierences and wishing that Tony, or Kyle, Marie, or Yvonne, etc was there with me. I'm not looking forward to homesickness, but I can't let it hold me back once I'm there.
Every time I get nervous I keep trying remind myself of something kyle said to me: Is it scarier to know you're moving to China or scarier to be stuck in Chambersburg for who knows how long? Yeah, I think we all know the answer to that.

I'm moving to China. It's really happening.
Well enough of that....

Kutztown was a Blast!!!The Kutztown fair was going on which was a ridiculous amount of fun!! Funnel Cake, Beer, Demolition Derby, and Friends...does it get much better than that? Oh wait..yes it does, because there were also RIDES!!!
You better believe many rides were enjoyed . 5 bucks to get in and ride all the rides you want. If that's not a deal I dunno what it is. We started the night by taking a ride on the Tornado....which, by it's name I assume that you've guessed it involves spinning it's riders into a state of nausea.
Kyle, Aaron, and Tony challenged Jamie, Jackie and I to boys vs. girls tornado rides. The boys definitly won.....but that's ok.

My personal favorite was The Zipper It was so good I had to ride it twice! the first time i rode it with Tony and then with Jon. Riding the zipper is like being put into a shark cage and instead being dropped underwater, just being spun all around. I have a soft spot for rides that turn you upside down. Of course though the great company helps those rides be even more fun.



It was just so awesome that i chose a random monday to come to Kutztown, and it just so happens that this crazy fun fair was happening. It really was the perfect way to begin my stay.
I think Carnivals are the best things...at least good carnivals. And it just seemed like a very American and appropriate thing to do before I leave the country. Drink beer and Ride spinning, flying rides until my tummy tells me that's enough of those shenanigans.

After the fair a bunch of us went to the Pub, for a kind of mini going away party. It was really great. I got to hang out with so many people that I wouldn't want to leave the country without seeing at least one more time. It was hard because I wanted to talk to everyone! I tried my best to mingle and keep on the move, but at the end of the night I of course wished I had a little more time with everyone.
"You’ve all got to come out and have a drink with me. I’ll buy round one,
you buy round two,
you buy round three.
We’ll make a toast to absent friends
and better days,
to remembering and being remembered as brave"

Tuesday also managed to be a pretty lovely day. Marie took me out for breakfeast and it was so nice to sit around and talk with her. I stayed with her while i was in Kutztown and i can't thank her enough for giving me a place to stay. I even cuddled with her stuffed horse she's had since child hood. hahaha. In the afternoon Kyle, being the spectacular guy he is treated me to Ritas Italian ice. Deeeeelicious. I also unexpectedly ended up at the apartment of a friend of Kyle and I, Joshua. He's about to move as well, so it was definitly good to work in a visit with him and his awesome dog, Bam Bam.
Kyle had to go to some town meeting kind of thing to do Eckhaus stuff, so unfortunetly i didn't get to spend as much time with him as I was hoping. Luckly I think he's gonna come to good ol' C-burg for a visit. In the evening I sat out on the back porch and hung out with Ryan. I got to hear all his hospital stories and just catch up in general. It was really nice.
Wednesday turned into trying to catch up with anyone i had missed. Yvonne treated me to breakfeast because she is just awesome like that. We always seem to make a trip to the Attic when we would hang out, so of course for this occasion it was very necessary. I also got to see Seren which made me SOOOO happy. I was really afraid I wouldn't see her before i left cause she was out of town. And while walking around campus,getting pictures to show my students, I ran into Dan Talley which was a really pleasant surprise. I'm glad I got to thank him in person for writing me that letter. Yvonne and I then stopped by Ryan and Sandy's for one last good bye and then by Marie's. And then away we went. All and all such a good time. Thanks again Yvonne for giving me a ride!!!!! Everybody check out yvonne's blog (http://yvonneboudreaux.blogspot.com/2006/08/shes-off-to-china.html) for pics of our travels.

4 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

I had such a fantastic time with you, and I'm glad that we had one last hurrah before you scooted out.
If I don't find my bristol pad before you leave, I will totally scan the drawing I want to make and email it to you (that way, it won't get lost in the mail to China!).

You are beautiful and I love you!!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

It's so tempting to want to come to C-burg...
I'll be in Philly until the 23rd, though. :[

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Elizabeth Porter said...

what gooberliscious pictures! I'm so glad you had a marvelous time up in Kutztown!

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, I am proud of you.
I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home